1 bulb of garlic
1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
Organic local honey
• Peel each clove of garlic and place in a pot and cover with water.
• Add apple cider vinegar and boil until soft (can be pierced with a fork).
• Remove garlic from water and set water aside – do not throw away!
• Coat garlic with honey and eat it.
• Drink the leftover water.
Garlic – this is a wonderful herb that is anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. It kills whatever may be making you feel crummy. And it has a lot of heart-healthy benefits as well!
Honey – always choose organic, locally grown honey. Honey is anti-bacterial. And when you use locally grown honey, it works to support the immune system and reduce allergic reactions. Often upper respiratory infections begin as allergies. The allergic reaction creates a moist, swollen environment where viruses and bacteria love to grow.
Apple cider vinegar – Rich in vitamins and minerals, apple cider vinegar is also used to detoxify the body. It helps reduce sinus drainage and it has some anti-microbial benefits!
**Be aware that the sulfur compounds in the garlic can cause some intestinal gas. Likewise garlic kills both good and bad bacteria in the gut. It helps to take probiotics about one hour after using this remedy to repopulate the intestines with healthy gut flora.